FloraBiome Calm Elixir
FloraBiome Calm Elixir
Calm from FloraBiome by Chiza Westcarr is a bio-fermented elixir, packed full of antioxidant-rich goji berries and stress-modulating ashwagandha, rhodiola, passionflower and lemon balm.
Swapping your favourite tipple for a delicious glass of Calm restores wellbeing, replacing ‘fight or flight’ with a calming ‘rest and digest’ response. Calm contains prebiotics, probiotics and postbiotics. Your gut will thank you.
- GOJI BERRIES: Rich in copper, iron, selenium and zinc. In addition, they provide 11 essential amino acids. Goji berries may boost energy levels, may help boost immune function, may help prevent glycation and therefore slow down the ageing process.
- PASSIONFLOWER: It is said to have a calming effect and has been used to manage stress, aid sleep and may calm anxiety and manage hot flushes in menopausal women.
- LEMON BALM: Lemon Balm has traditionally been used to improve mood, anxiety, stress and ease digestive issues. It may have a calming and sedative effect.
- RHODIOLA ROSEA: Rhodiola is often used as an “adaptogen”, to help the body adapt to and resist physical, chemical, and environmental stress. It may help anxiety & stress.
- WITHANIA SOMNIFERA: Also known by other names such as Ashwagandha, Ayurvedic Ginseng, Indian Ginseng, Winter Cherry. The root and berry are used for medicinal purposes. Withania Somnifera is classified as an adaptogen, meaning that it is often used to help the body adapt to many conditions including stress and anxiety. These health benefits are due to the high concentrations of withanolides, which may reduce inflammation.
- CURCUMA LONGA: Also known as turmeric root, Indian saffron, rhizome curcumae longa, curcuminoids. Curcumin inhibits an anti-inflammatory action. It is used for gastrointestinal problems, inflammatory conditions, even for hot flushes, night sweats and mood swings.
- ELDERBERRY: The dark purple berries are high in flavonoids(anthocyanins) which give them antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. They help protect healthy cells from free radical damage. They are also rich in Vitamin A, Vitamin C and are an excellent source of fibre. Elderberries have been used for centuries as a remedy for cold and flu.
PAPAYA: Also known as paw paw and is a rich source of minerals thiamine, potassium, niacin, zinc and iron. Also, antioxidants include vitamins C and A, carotenoids that neutralise free radicals, and the papaya enzyme papain that aids digestion.
The process of fermenting papaya promotes the growth of beneficial gut bacteria.
How to use:
Once opened, store in the fridge.
Use 15ml per glass of water. Mix with soda water for a treat.
Tips: It's delicious in your berry smoothies!
Florabiome products are intended to benefit people who are wanting to optimize their health and feel better. Instead of denying yourself, we suggest substituting a lovely beverage that is beneficial for your gut and skin. Our herbal teas are also designed to assist in digestion.
Please note that some of our products may contain licorice which, in large amounts, may be harmful to those who have hypertension. If you are taking warfarin, do not use any product containing licorice as it may decrease the effectiveness of your medication. If you are taking any blood pressure medication, estrogen medication, medication to address potassium levels, or medication for kidney or liver health, please contact your medical practitioner before using our products. We ask that all who purchase from us take proper care for their own safety and wellbeing, ensure that you always follow the product directions, and consult your GP or a medical professional if you have any concerns.